Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another day



I'm renewing my efforts to start blogging on a regular basis again, even if it is just our daily stuff we're doing.  Today we had Micah's 1 year old appt. and he is 22lbs and 31 1/2 inches tall!  About average in the weight department and above average in height.  

Our "new to us" van headed to our auto broker's mechanic today to have a check engine light taken care of that showed up after he bought the van for us, so we are cruising in a super nice Nissan Quest for a few days.  I love all the room and happily drive a minivan around; I'm not ashamed of my mom mobile, because, well, that's what I am, a mom, and it seems to be one of the most efficient vehicles to do the job of toting kids, car seats, and any other additional baby, sports, or  activity gear!

I'm preferring TN in the summer, as opposed to the winter.  It still doesn't feel like home to me, but when asked where he'd like to move next or if he'd just like to stay in TN, Kyle replied that he wants to stay here!  Crazy after this year to hear him say that.  

Kyle is finishing up a session of swim lessons and wow! has he made some great progress!  I know he's been a little nervous and/or scared at times, but he has done everything his swim coach has asked of him and she has been great, not giving an inch when he balks.  He is so proud of himself every night after lessons!

Today we swung by Costco after Micah's appt., then came home for lunch, naps/quiet time, and headed out again for swim lessons.  Tuesday nights we meet a couple other families for dinner at Chik fil a, so that was our next stop after swim.  

Micah talked and walked the day away!  I have been keeping him up until 1:00 p.m. to take just one long nap a day the past week or so.  He can still do two naps, but they are sooo short and sometimes it takes forever to put him down when he does two naps a day.  I'm sure those of you who have little ones remember the change over from one to two naps.  

Well, the boys are asleep, Kevin has been playing his guitar this evening and I am about to dive in to some leftover birthday cake!  

No comments: