Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Before I forget...

Kyle took a 3 1/2 hour nap today...maybe. I went in to get him because he'd been down so long and he was sitting up in his crib, pretending to give one of his binkies to his beanie baby raccoon, which he's been dragging around since yesterday (Thanks Beran family!).

Kyle's a big fan of puddles; especially with all this rain lately! He finds every puddle between our apartment and the car to splash around in. I've been packing an extra pair of shoes/socks in the diaper bag.

And lastly, Kyle and I were on our own this evening because Kevin had a MRI facility tour. I took us out to dinner and there was an older mom and her son eating dinner at the restaurant too. This woman could've been my grandmother, to give you an idea of her age. Turned out that we left at the same time and were parked beside each other. She, of course, said that Kyle was the sweetest little boy, but then she also chimed in to me that "You are a very good mother". Now, I've gotta tell you, taking Kyle out to eat is a feat with two parents present, much less just one. It was such a blessing to have this older, experienced mom compliment me on being a good mother. I know she doesn't see me with Kyle day in and day out, but it was nice that she said something.

It's different to have someone other than family say something about your parenting skills (they don't have visiting grandchildren rights on the line ;)), so if you see a mom with young kids doing a great job, will you let her know? I promise, it'll make her day!

P.S.-We went to "Open House" at this school last night and I was truly impressed!

No comments: