Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

And the consensus is...

...that most children actually don't sleep through the night until well in to their toddler years.

However, there's a part of me that still doesn't mind those nighttime feedings...

I think it'll be all too soon that he'll sleep through the night and I'll miss holding this peaceful little guy in my arms in the dark. Kyle is so funny when he feeds during the day now; Mr. Distraction, that's what he is. If I talk to someone, the TV/radio is on, or if Kevin comes home during a feeding, it's all over! He pops off and swivels his head right around to the rest of the room, makes sure he's not missing anything, looks up at me, grins, and re-attaches himself. Sometimes he decides it's just not worth eating at the moment even if he was seemingly hungry just seconds ago and proceeds to lay on his back on my lap blowing raspberries up in to the air, checking to make sure I'm watching him do his new trick.

He is looking like such a little boy now...I can understand why parents have other children; you truly only remember the good stuff (which is why I look back on this pregnancy blog every so often to remember those months of nausea).

I hung out with a girlfriend who is expecting twins this summer, and truthfully, I'm so relieved it's her and not me. I had enough worries carrying one baby, but it sounds like those worries are compounded when you carry two! It's way too late to expound on that point...

Tomorrow we go to the library for baby storytime. Kyle was the youngest, yet tallest, of the babies last week...who knew we'd produce giants ;).

On a final note, I sang Kyle to sleep for his afternoon nap today. Kevin often sings him to sleep at bedtime, and my mom mentioned that he seemed to sing himself to sleep in her arms this past weekend while we were out shopping, so I tried it. He was super tired and fussy, so I sat in his room while he was in the swing and started singing a lullaby...he stopped fussing within seconds and his eyes started doing these really long blinks! Well, he was out in a couple minutes and I was a proud mom who had just put her baby to sleep by singing for the first time. (In reality, Kevin has the voice in this family and it's not surprising that Kyle prefers to hear him over me).

Two posts in one week...it must be a record!

No comments: