Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Walking

So we have a new stroller; I decided to buy it a couple weeks ago after Kyle and I test drove it around babies r us. I'd been looking for a happy medium between the infant car seat stroller and the bare bones umbrella stroller. Basically I wanted something that had cup holders, an underneath basket, reclining seat, and a tray for Kyle to bang his toys on. And of course, it'd be nice if it was light and compact. Well, for about $10 more than what the bare bones umbrella stroller costs, I found this stroller and just love it. However, one feature I had yet to try out was the reclining seat. Every time I'd recline it when Kyle seemed on his way to dream land, he would frantically grab on to the toy tray and sit straight up in alarm that his seat back had just fallen out from behind him.

Today we were on a rather long walk since junior had taken all of a half hour morning nap and entertaining him at the house was just not working. Of course, he started to drift off to sleep since he was still exhausted and I reclined the seat. Panic set in, so I showed him how to lay down in the seat, popped the pacifier in his mouth and he was out in 10 seconds flat; I knew that seat would come in handy someday :o).

Since being pregnant and having a baby I seem to be incredibly absent minded. I'm constantly on a scavenger hunt for my keys and lately I've been neglecting to attach Kyle's pacifiers to him, so they usually get dropped somewhere between here and the Tucson mall on our walks. Well, we hadn't tried a regular orthodontic pacifier with him in quite a while, since the kind he learned to use were the bulb like newborn type. Regretfully, those are also the expensive ones. So, tonight we bought the orthodontic ones at Target; three pacifiers for $2.50. I washed em up, offered one to him and he took it! Thank goodness we now have four pacifiers floating around the house. We had been surviving with just one the last couple days.

On a few more exciting notes, Kyle officially has his "two front teeth". They broke through the gum line last week after a few restless nights and cranky days. Also, he "said" his first baby sign language word: more. Check out Kyle signing in action. His favorite baby talk lately is "da-da" which we like to think means he's referring to Kevin...

Kyle loves his baby classes, as do I! It's nice to talk to a few other adults in the middle of the day! That's about it!

No comments: