Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Little Kyle

Kyle and I just got back from a great mom/toddler get together. The kids played and played, painted some ornaments and ate lunch. Kyle was exhausted on the way home; he just kind of whimpered.

Did I tell you we put our tree up? And a wreath on the door, a few lights around the window. For all of our concerns about Kyle messing with the tree, he is truly unimpressed. Once or twice now he's asked for us to turn the lights on, but then he only looks at them 30 seconds or so. Another thing that happened when we put the tree up is all of Kyle's toys moved to his bedroom, talk about a dream come true! The main room doesn't get near as messy with Kyle stuff because we pick out a toy or two each day that stays with us in the main part of the house; everything else he plays with in his room. I'm tempted to keep things this way after the tree goes back in to storage!

Lately, Kyle has been leaking out of his diapers at night, which is terribly frustrating! We've tried quite a few things, but what seems to be working is not letting him have any fluids after 7 p.m.. Also, he's been sleeping in until 8 a.m.! A couple mornings Kevin or I have gone in and laid down with him at 7 a.m., but he goes right back to sleep until a little after 8 then. It's been so nice to "sleep in" after over a year of wake up calls anywhere from 4 a.m. - 7 a.m.. Another thing we do is bring Kyle in to our bed when he wakes up! I know a lot of parents wouldn't do this, but it is the best way to wake up! He snuggles and plays with us, drinks his milk lying down on a pillow and we all get a couple extra minutes to wake up slowly.

We've started affectionately calling him "little" Kyle instead of "baby" Kyle. I do this thing with him where I use my fingers to beckon him and say "Come here little Kyle, come here" and he'll do it back to me then run full throttle in to my arms for a hug, laughing all the way. It's sooo cute!

And I have to admit, lately I've been taking a leisurely outlook on most chores that aren't Kyle related...I take naps when he naps and generally relax while I can. I figure I need to rest up for when we try for baby #2 in a couple years (good excuse, right?)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naps are a marvelous miracle designed with moms of toddlers in mind. I highly recommend at least one a day!

And that 2nd try in a couple of years?! Yippee!!

Love you,
Pam

Kirsten said...

A couple years?!? Alright, I guess that could work. Maybe we'll be going for #3 :)