Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 18, 2006

Toddler n the hood

Isn't it funny that Kyle won't keep a hat on, but loves to have the hood from his sweatshirt up the entire time he's wearing it?!

So, I brought in the slide yesterday and we had quite a bit of fun with it, as usual. Kyle got quite a kick out of throwing toys, pacifiers, and the occasional sippy cup down from the top. The highlight though, came after dinner, when he unloaded a grocery bag I had put together with food to donate and started rolling cans of tuna down the slide!

Today, around naptime, Kyle asked me to pull his crib out from the wall (so he could climb in on the toddler bed side). Once he was in his bed, he asked for a binky, so I found one. Then I asked him if it was naptime; Kyle laid down, I pushed his crib back up against the wall, turned off the light, covered him with his blanket and sang a little song as I shut the door. I didn't hear from him for 3 hours! I guess he knows when he's tired!

Kyle has started saying the word "bus" over the past week or so whenever we see a city or school bus while driving around. I'll hear "dus, dus, dus..." from the back seat and sure enough, there is a bus pulled up beside us or in front of us. Additionally, he is making full use of the word "mama" whenever he *thinks* he needs my assistance. Also, I noticed that when he brings me his Old MacDonald book, that he makes the intonations for the E-I-E-I-O part of the song. It's amazing how fast infants and toddlers can make sense of language!

Kyle and I will be traveling to Virginia Dec 26th through Dec 31st. Turns out all my aunts and uncles will be in the same place at one time, which only seems to happen every 15 years or so! So thank you to everyone who made this trip possible; we are so excited to see the extended family! Send your prayers my way, as I'll be traveling alone with Kyle across the United States...should be fun!

Lastly, we have been "hanging" our Christmas cards on the tree as decoration. Kyle especially likes the picture ones, but his favorite are from The Tatums and Baby Ava. He loves to point to the kids, then have me say their names:

Points to Ellie, Looks at mom
"Ellie"
Points to Ava, Looks at mom
"Baby Ava"
Does the sign for baby
Points to Ellie, Looks at mom
"Ellie"
etc... You get the picture. He can do this for quite awhile! Alright, we're heading to the Valley as of Saturday to get an early start on our Christmas celebrations...Happy Holidays if I don't post until after our vacation!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Wow, that's a long trip! I'm sure you two will have a lot of fun. Poor Kevin :) Ellie loves to look at pictures of Kyle too, but she often mixes up Kyle and her cousin Bryson. I guess they both have the blond hair and blue eyes. Except now instead of just saying Kyle she says "MindyKyle" :) I hope you guys have a good time with family!!