Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 12, 2007

So a couple things I thought I'd share with you...

The other day I walk in to the bathroom and find Kyle has completely unrolled the brand new roll of toilet paper on to the floor. He looks at me and makes the sound for a monkey. After a brief moment of puzzlement, *smack*, Curious George, that's right. Now my son is imitating behavior from his favorite movies. I ask "Curious George?" and he emphatically nods his head and exclaims "Ah hu"!

When I talk to people using the speakerphone, Kyle will say "bye bye *insert name here*" when he's ready for me to hang up.

There was something that happened this morning too, but I'm blanking on it. In other news, Kyle is loving swim lessons now that we switched to an evening session and Kevin can come with us. He is totally comfortable, even going under water!

Kyle is waking up twice a night and I'm not really sure why. Okay, so he had yet another leaky diaper the other night, so that's expected, but that doesn't explain his continued waking up. I thought maybe he wanted to wear pajamas, because we run a fan on him when he sleeps. Usually, all he wears is a diaper because his room gets hotter than the rest of the apartment. However, I guess his 18 mos pajamas don't really fit anymore. The arms are tight. I didn't realize this and put him to bed last night. Forty minutes later he's still up and asking for "momma", so Kevin goes in and Kyle asks to have his jammies taken off. Kev said the arms were really tight, which I guess I never noticed putting them on (bad mommy!). Oh well, stuff like that happens by the end of the day! I'm convinced that I should go to bed when Kyle does and I'd be much more productive.

Oh right, Kyle falls asleep in the bike seat. So cute, on a less than one mile ride home from the mall, he was out!

Tonight Kyle started jumping off of our ottoman on to the floor! He's always done this kind of one footed hop/jump before, but tonight he was jumping with both feet! The only thing we are trying to teach him is to say "Mama/Dada jump" if he wants one of us to catch him; it's a little alarming to have a child fly in to you when you're not expecting it!

Lastly, Kyle does this "happy dance" whenever he's really excited about something. He does his one footed hop and goes around in circles shouting whatever he's excited about, e.g. milk! milk! milk! or truck! truck! truck!; I hope you'll get to see it before he grows out of this stage.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

How funny with the toilet paper! My sister refuses to let Bryson watch Curious George for that very reason; he's always getting into mischief and never has any consequences.