Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lots of company


Birthday visit from Grandad.


Kyle using his water backpack for the first time (and he now likes to take it everywhere with us)!


Reading books with Grammy on our front porch.

Here are just a few pictures I took off the camera last night, however, I have some really cute ones from the zoo today that I want to share with you soon too! We have had lots of visits from Kevin's mom and dad this month, which Kyle has been loving, in addition to my mom's monthly weekend trips, Kyle has seen a lot of grandparents!

Kyle was sick this weekend, totally out of the blue he came down with a fever and was out of commission for a few days. This was a total bummer for Kevin and me, as we were planning on heading to Mexico for a family wedding!

It seems we may have found a non binky option for Kyle to chew on to help him settle in for his sleepy times. We bought a chewy tube yesterday from a local talk/speech therapy clinic in town. We had warned him that the night before last was his last night with binky, as it had a tear in the nipple and was no longer safe to use. Kyle used his chewy tube most of yesterday and then fell right to sleep chewing on it last night. He had no problem using it to get back to sleep when rousing throughout the night either. This is a huge relief for me. Kyle has never attached to any other sort of lovey or sleep comfort item, so to find something that doesn't seem to have the side effects or social stigma of a binky, but still allows him to chew and relax himself is awesome (and cry free!). I think this would only work if your child was a binky biter; Kyle liked to chew on his, more than suck on them, as he got older.

In other news, we were supposed to have our first home visit this morning to get foster/adoption stuff moving along, but our contact had an emergency at another family's home, so we rescheduled for Thursday at 10:30, if you think to pray for that, we'd so appreciate it.

Well, quiet time is almost over, which means I've gotta go!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Whoa, I totally missed out on all these new blog posts! I am LOVING Kyle's hair; it's too cute! I see Daddy has grown his out to match Kyle's :)

Ugh, I had no idea the extent of your TTC journey. I'm so sorry! Kyle is even more of an amazing miracle!

I can't believe our kids are 3!!!

Anonymous said...

He's so so so big!!! I'm praying for you guys.

Kelly said...

How is the adoption process going? I will be praying for you.