Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good news!

Kevin got some great results at the lab today, just hours before his abstract is due for his big spring conference. I am so proud of him! He has been working so hard this year, his last year as a Ph.D. student; actually, if you took a glance at his CV, he's been working hard all four years,but this year we both knew would be a big push for him to be in the lab, getting results, and writing all the time in order to get published and finish up everything for his dissertation.

Our adoption classes have been going well and we are about halfway through. Amazingly, we had a positive pregnancy test the Friday after our first adoption class. I went in for some blood work that morning, and we got the results the Monday after: low progesterone. So, I started progesterone twice a day and have been taking it for the last 30 days. It's been really hard for me to believe that we are actually pregnant again, for the 3rd time, since May. Today we had our first pregnancy appointment, which is a hurdle in itself, one we haven't made it to since we were pregnant with Kyle. I was so nervous about everything (and probably will be until we deliver a healthy baby), but the midwife was optimistic. She was wrapping things up and I asked if we could try to hear the heartbeat (we heard Kyle at 8 weeks). She made sure we knew that it was unlikely we would hear the heartbeat this early on, that she would schedule us for two weeks out if we didn't hear it. She was searching and found my heartbeat (not hard to find) and then she said "I just heard it, let me get lower on your abdomen", and she found it and says "That's a strong heartbeat, feel it" and Kevin and I could feel it vibrating through the doppler speaker and I just started crying, I couldn't help it. Even now I'm crying, every time I think about it or talk about it, the tears well up, happy tears. The midwife made sure we knew that we weren't out of the woods yet, not with our two miscarriages this past year. I'm on progesterone for another 30 days and our next appointment is December 10th.

And so today I'm praising God, for my husband's success and the kind of heartbeat I wasn't sure I'd ever hear again. No matter what happens from here on out, I am asking for all of your prayers and support. We are 9 weeks pregnant and baby #2 is due June 17th.

3 comments:

Kathryn Johnson said...

Mindy, I'm so happy for you and your family! I wish you all the best and will keep you in my thoughts. Congratulations!!

Bri said...

Hi Sweet Mindy! I hope you don't mind, but I decided to start following your blog today in an official sort of way, and BAM! I read this fantastic news! I know you have had a lot of heartache lately, and I am thrilled that you and Kevin have so much to celebrate. Love to you.

Kirsten said...

I love you Mindy and am so happy for you and Kevin and have loved praying for you on this journey!