Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

39 and almost 1/2 weeks

Well, had another appt. today. I am officially 39 wks 2 days. Micah is still head down and has a strong heartbeat. I was offered the option of an internal exam w/membrane sweeping, but declined. I was then told that I would be having an internal exam come next Friday if I was still pregnant, ugh.

Kevin has been way busy since finding out he will be defending on June 26th. He's shooting for around 10 a.m. in the morning for those of you who will be attending. The public portion lasts about an hour, then he will be in with his advisors for about 3 more hours, give or take an hour. After he's done, we'll either meet at the house or a restaurant to celebrate with him! This is the equivalent of his graduation and graduation party.

Now, for those of you who are planning on trekking down to Tucson after Micah is born, I have a request: Please stay home if you are sick, have been sick in the last week, have been exposed to sickness in the past week at work/school/etc..., or even feel a tickle in your throat. Please be symptom free for 24 hours before you come if you are getting over being sick. I will ask you to leave if you show up to see us sniffling and hacking.

I know this sounds crazy, and it's not actually Micah I'm worried about. We have so much going on in the next 30 days, that if any of the rest of us gets sick, it's going to make it that much more stressful and overwhelming. We are having a baby, flying Kevin to Nashville to find us a place to live, Kevin's defending, then we pack, and drive to Nashville to stay for good. So please, use your best judgement when coming to visit after Micah is born. He will still be very teeny tiny and newbornish for a good 10-14 days after he's born, so don't worry, you will not miss that itty bitty baby stage.

In other news, we will be in Phoenix very soon after Micah is born, so if you are unable to come see him here, it's possible you could meet him there. The boys and I will be staying with my mom while Kevin is in Nashville securing a place for us to live.

We will not in any way, shape, or form be offended if you decide not to immediately drive to Tucson the moment you find out Micah has arrived. In fact, you'll probably get to spend more time with the boys and us if the visits are spread out a bit. Which brings me to another point, please remember Kyle. I don't mean bring him a present, I mean, remember that he is here too and this is going to be a big deal for him. Expect to read books with him, play trucks, a board game, trains, pillow fight, etc...and generally spend some time giving him some extra attention also, in addition to meeting his new brother.

We will probably be updating twitter and/or facebook with "in labor" updates. I will advise you not to come shooting down to Tucson once you find out we are heading to the birth center. I was in labor for a total of 16 hours with Kyle, 7 of those were spent at the birth center. You may be sitting in the waiting room a really, really long time. Plus, I have to get cleaned up, nurse the little guy, and introduce him to Kyle before you'll be invited in.

Ok, I'm done now. Thank you for listening and respecting my boundaries with all of this.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Great post Mindy!