Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

About once a week,

both boys end up in bed early and about the same time! Kevin and I break out the ice cream and a netflix movie to watch on his laptop. Tonight is that night, although, Kevin is still laying down with Kyle. We actually had both boys in bed and started the movie when Kyle peeked his head around the wall and said: "What's that chocolate?!?" in reference to Kevin's ice cream, lol! We gave him a few bites and shuffled him off to bed, which is where Kev is right now.

The boys are doing well. Micah is always happy unless he is hungry or tired. I went to Bible study on Tuesday morning and Micah slept in the nursery the whole time! I couldn't believe it. It was wonderful! I had him all swaddled and laying in the crib with his binky when I left him. The baby sitter said all she did was rock him for a minute and he was out. Oh the joys of being a parent the second time around and having an easy baby!

Kyle started drawing today! He was tracing his name with a crayon, I had drawn it out for him in pen and he started coloring the page. I asked him to draw our family and he up and started drawing stick figures with faces! It was awesome, so cute. I still have no idea what handed he is. He was using his right hand earlier today with me, but was drawing with his left hand this evening after dinner when we showed Kevin what he had been doing. Kyle has never ever been interested in writing, coloring, etc... I've never pushed it, so that is why this was so cool to see!

We had our home inspection today! There are a few issues that we'll address with the owners, but no deal breakers it seems. We'll have the full report tomorrow.

Micah is:
Doing better in the car; he doesn't scream every time!
Sucking his thumb when he isn't swaddled.
Going for nightly walks with me in the stroller around our apt. complex.
ticklish! His giggles and laughs are like music to my ears!
Always happy, he wakes up happy and smiles at anyone who will talk with him/give him attention

Kyle is:
Getting smarter everyday as he tinkers with/takes apart various things around the house (like our digital camera)
A rhyming machine (I love you pove you, Micah picah, mommy pommy, daddy paddy, etc...)
Sleeping in his own room again, in the new twin bunkable beds we found for him (and eventually Micah) on craigslist
More imaginative than ever before, playing pretend not only with his cars, but with his stuffed animals and his hands (his fingers are a make believe spider that crawls around our house)
More loving and protective of Micah than I ever imagined he would be, in fact, he asked for us to have "lots more kids in our family"

That's all I have time for tonight! Movie is over and I'm off to bed.

No comments: