Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Celebrate with me!

God has provided at the last minute and we are buying a house! I say last minute, because our lease is up here at the apt. on October 20th. It seems you need a good 30-45 days to close on a house, so this was going to be our last weekend looking and then we were going to "break up" with our agent (poor guy has shown us upwards of 50 houses, with two small children in tow) and start looking at rentals.

We couldn't be more thrilled with the location and neighborhood. It's a listing I found, because our agent was only showing us 3 bed/2 bath homes, but these were not in desirable neighborhoods for our price range. I started looking at 2 bed/2 bath homes and asked him to show us this listing last week! We saw the house on Thursday, put in an offer on Friday, they counter offered this evening, and we accepted.

It's a 2 bed/2 1/2 bath townhome on a cul de sac. We can walk everywhere: groceries, mcdonalds, library, park, even the boys' pediatrician that I picked out not knowing where we would be living! The only two places I have to drive are preschool and gymnastics, which are both closer than where we live now. Poor Kev does get a longer commute though, at 11 miles away from work.

So where is this perfect place? Here.

And a bonus! I saw two little boys bikes outside the front door of the house next to us; the one we will share a wall with!

That's my good news tonight!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am so so happy for you guys! The house looks absolutely beautiful - I envy all the grass! I need to call you soon to catch up - hope you are enjoying Nashville life!

rhoda Hildebrand said...

I am ever so happy for you. I looked up the area online, and it looks fabulous!

Kirsten said...

Wow Mindy, that looks incredible! I can just picture the boys running around on all that grass, with you and Kevin sitting on the back patio BBQing dinner. Congratulations :)