Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

30 weeks

Praise God, we are 30 weeks in to this pregnancy! There is a lot to do, or a lot I want/wish would be done before the baby arrives, but I know it won't happen. I'm going to complain here for one second: I'm still totally bummed that I've never decorated a nursery for any of our boys, and probably never will. We may actually buy a rocking chair for this child, something we've never, ever owned with the other two (we had an old recliner I'd nurse Kyle in, but nothing for Micah, not even furniture for the first 4 months of his life: he slept on an air mattress from a kidco peapod bed, LOL).

In other news, we've narrowed the name down to our top 2 and one will be his first name and the other will be his middle name. This is such a relief for me! Kyle is starting kindergarten in less than 10 weeks. The first day of school is August 11th. No, we haven't registered him yet. He still needs a few shots and a physical. I had dreams of sending him to half day kinder at a private school or homeschooling him, and it's really, really hard to let those go. I know he'll do great and be fine and going to kindergarten in the public school system will not ruin him for life. I know I can supplement at home (while nursing a baby and entertaining a toddler...riiiiggghhht). It's all just kind of defeating, but also a great reminder that any and all of Kyle's educational future is in God's hands, not mine, so I can let go anytime and it will be okay.

Micah is really, really going to miss him. Today was day 2 of VBS for Kyle. Micah and I hung out for the worship songs and offering at the beginning, then we waited in the lobby for Kyle's class to file out. Kyle ended up being "line leader" today and got to hold the class sign up for everyone to follow. Poor Mikey, wanted to go with him sooo badly, and when I scooped him up and out to the parking lot there were big tears and he kept saying, "My Kyle, I need my Kyle!". This happened all morning long, on our way home from groceries, attempting to eat lunch, and finally it was time to go get Kyle. Micah crawled in to the back seat and all the way over to Kyle's side to unlock the car door for Kyle so he could climb right in when we arrived at pick up. Whenever we talk about Kyle going to school this year, Micah chimes in that he is going to school too, "with Kyle". I'm hopeful he can go to school one or two days a week, but it will be at Kyle's old preschool.

And then there is this car seat/vehicle conundrum that just makes me want to cry whenever I think about all the vehicle and car seat drama we've dealt with since we moved to TN.

And that's it, that's what 30 weeks pregnant looks like to me right now. A little weepy/emotional, but still so blessed by how the Lord continues to work in our family and show his faithfulness to us in everything that comes our way!

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

You are amazing! maybe we can do one or two of the things you want finished:)