Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'll take sleep for $100

So I've put Kyle on a pretty strict schedule and it seems to be working well for him! He wakes up at 7, cereal at 9, nap at 9:30, lunch at 12, nap at 1:30, and dinner at 6. Today he is asking to nurse 3 or 4 minutes before his nap time and then he just nurses himself to sleep. I think he's starting to figure things out! I don't mind; that means neither of us is upset about him fussing to sleep!

So our days may be better, but our nights are just downright painful. This morning I gave up around 5 and just stayed in bed when he fussed. Would you believe he went back to sleep and then woke up around 7 just playing in his crib? Thank God! I may have to try that tonight. The problem we're having is we can see his top gums completely puffy and white from the pressure of his two upper teeth coming in, so we want to give him relief if it's his teeth that are waking him up, but we just don't know how to tell the difference between a sleep cycle wake up and a painful gums wake up.

I did purchase him a strip of leather to teethe on, as suggested by our handyman (he raised his son from the time the boy was an infant as a single dad and has all sorts of advice). Kyle seems to like chomping on the leather, so we'll see how it goes. I had noticed he would chew around on his leather baby shoes if given the chance.

In other news, Kyle has been introduced to fruit this week, but doesn't seem as impressed by it as I thought he would. Also, he is really excited about Zoe whenever she comes around and is intent on standing up whenever we'll spot him. I know we need to do some more baby proofing around the house, but it seems a little overwhelming at the moment.

Alright, I'm gonna try to catch a nap while Kyle is taking his!

No comments: