Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Kyle ...

...is tall enough now to use the highest setting on his exersaucer.

...consistently signs when he's ready for a nap or to go to bed.

...thinks our cat Zoe is the coolest living thing around! I'm pretty sure she's in worse trouble when he starts moving than I am!

...can stand up unassisted for a bit while holding on to furniture.

...is trying to pull himself up on everything!

...started biting while he was nursing today. The advice I'd received is to cut off his air supply by covering his face with my breast when he bites. This makes him immediately release and I guess for most babies they prefer breathing. Well, my son thinks it's a game and starts giggling every time he releases his bite to breathe. Lovely.

We continue to make changes to our living space in order to make it more "baby friendly" for our soon to be moving little guy. He's doing better at night now that we just let him cry for a couple minutes to go back to sleep. I'm pretty sure he only woke up to feed last night, but I'm having trouble remembering because I think I'm starting to sleep a little more.

Today for his morning nap I heard him talking it up after only a half hour. Now, usually, if he wakes up happy, that means he's done sleeping. I make a point not to enter his room until it's been at least an hour, but he's never woken up after only a half hour happy. So I finish getting ready for the day, all the while hearing him awake in his crib. I decide I might as well get him up because we have to run over to campus anyways before Kevin goes to class. As I walk in, he's up on his hands staring straight at our cat Zoe, who's sitting on the corner of our bed closest to his crib, and he's just chatting away to her. Now this could be a problem! I think I might have to bar her from the room he's sleeping in when he goes down for a nap now.

No comments: