Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Regress

It's been a little rough the past week or so. Kyle would sleep the first part of the night, then wake up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours needing comforting to get back to sleep. Also, he's become clingy, but this time it's just with me. If I'm anywhere near by he wants me right with him (or more likely carrying him) as I do what I need to do. Our sling has gotten more use in the last 3 days than in all the weeks prior combined!

And today, well, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Kyle has outgrown his swing. He now sits up straight in it and stops the swing by himself, thus rendering it useless as far as napping in it goes. I just attempted to put him down for his first nap ever not in the swing. It took a good 7-10 minutes of patting him on the back as he lay in the crib, but he's asleep; now we'll just see how long it lasts!

Yesterday Kyle had his 6 month well baby check up at the pediatrician's. He is 18 lbs 12 oz and 27 1/2 inches long. At the beginning of the appt. she was asking me how his solid food was coming and I told her (cereal in the morning, veggies at night). She kind of made a big deal about him eating solids more often, but that whatever rate we were comfortable at giving him solids was really fine. I found this comment a little odd, because the majority of babies start solids somewhere around the 4-6 month mark and would still be experimenting with cereal/strained baby food. We talked about a few other things (sleeping patterns, clingy babies, and cycling with a baby). As we were wrapping up she looks down at his file, looks up at me and starts apologizing profusely, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry about the food comment, Kyle is totally where he should be with that. I thought he was 9 months old after looking at his development chart"! Aw geez, he's even faking the doctor out ;).

So Dr. Lloyd suggested infant Motrin at night because she thinks Kyle's top two teeth are starting their descent and getting ready to push out his gums. She thought that was why his sleeping schedule is so screwy right now because he's probably having some pain/discomfort. Well, we tried it last night and would you believe our sleeping baby is back; woke up twice to eat just like before, but that was it!

Also, as soon as Kyle can hold a helmet on his head, or if we can install his infant car seat in a bike trailer, he's good to go on bike rides! I'm too excited! Walking has become so blah lately.

That's about it...we've all just kind of been surviving our days with the lack of sleep, but here's to a happy baby day!

No comments: