Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bye bye crib...

I moved Kyle's crib mattress to the floor this morning, in the exact spot where his crib usually sits. He got all excited and laid down on it while I moved some things around in his room. Kevin and I have been talking about starting to transition Kyle out of his crib. Well, I just put him down for his nap and he fussed for about 4 minutes, but now it's silent...I'll go check on him in 20 minutes or so and see where he finally fell asleep (or if he's playing!).

Kyle woke up with a runny nose this morning; I'm totally bummed about the possibility of him having a cold over the long weekend. Colds are rough on infants/toddlers and their parents because there aren't that many medications you can give to help relieve symptoms, the children don't blow their noses yet, and this all results in a week's worth of sleepless nights!

Yesterday I made an appt. for us to get pictures taken and took Kyle for a well overdue haircut. He had to sit in my lap this time (his first haircut was at 9 months and he sat in the seat by himself). The guy did a great job and now I can spike up the top with a little product if I want; it's too cute! I'll try to post a picture of his new 'do tonight.

Kyle has become more and more affectionate in his old age! He snuggles up to and lays on us all the time, especially when he's tired. Every morning we do a family hug when Kevin leaves for school and Kyle has started giving us kisses (He gives Kev a kiss goodbye, then Kevin kisses me, then Kyle looks at me, does the kissing noise and I give him a kiss too, even though I'm not leaving, lol).

Oh, how I hate the trash trucks! Aaarrrggghhh! They either come at 5 a.m. or between 11 and 1...right when Kyle is sleeping! There are like 5 big trash cans behind our complex and by the fifth dumpster, Kyle is usually awake...I'm crossing my fingers he stays asleep this time.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Enjoy your long weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's Kyle doing in the new arrangement?

Love you,
Pam