Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 06, 2007

I forgot...

...to tell you about a video Kyle and I watched the other day. It's the Baby Einstein's Numbers Nursery DVD. I actually haven't seen the whole thing with him, so we both sat down to watch it together before his nap. A few minutes in there is a horse puppet that eats (tears apart) a flower. As this is happening I'm thinking, "Wow, that is pretty violent for a Baby Einstein video", and so I look back at Kyle and his little face is all contorted, practically in tears! He was so upset about the horse eating the flower that way. He immediately did the "all done" sign, so I turned off the DVD and pulled him in to my lap to comfort him. He kept signing "flower" and I told him how some animals do eat flowers for their food, but that he was right, that was a pretty scary scene watching the horse eat the flower. He recovered just fine, but it was the first time he's ever had a reaction like that to anything! I think he either was sympathizing with the flower or it scared him to watch the horse tear the flower up like that. I guess we'll never know!

No comments: