Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Say ahhhhh...

Something's wrong with me. I am so confused by my symptoms that I actually made a *gasp* doctor's appointment. This required me to call my health insurance and set up a new primary care physician (pcp) because it has been 2 years since I went to see my last pcp and they needed me to confirm whether or not I still wanted him. Anyways, after all that business on Monday, I can't see my doctor until this Monday. So what's wrong with me? I have no idea. At first, I thought it was allergies, but I keep having random changing symptoms. I haven't been well for over a month now. I'll keep you posted. Truly, I feel normal most of the time, just the occasional headache, sore throat (when I eat things like pb & j sandwiches or spaghetti), and lethargy. No one else in the family has gotten sick this past month like me, so it seems as though it's something non contagious, or however you say that.

In other news, I had a screening interview for a high school teaching job this afternoon. Went well I think, but we'll see if I get a call back. I'm really enjoying this nanny gig once a week, watching Rose and Kyle play together. They are so funny, total imitators of each other. If one wants a drink or something to eat, so does the other. If one drinks their milk leaning up against the kitchen cabinets, the other one walks over and leans against the cabinets right next to them. It's too funny. I need to take my camera next week so I can show you these two together.

This was the first week I actually put Rose down for a nap awake. She laid down all cute and hugged her blankie while I sang to her and patted her back. Then as I was leaving she sat up and looked at me, "Rose, night night time, go to sleep", so she lays back down. I hear her screaming protests a few minutes later to being put down for a nap awake! Oh wait, dirty diaper. I change her diaper and lay down with her on the twin bed in her room and she's out in 2 minutes flat. So sweet! Kyle just wants to play lately whenever we lay down with him, so I haven't had a "baby" fall asleep on me in quite awhile. I laid there a few extra minutes listening to her breathe and feeling her little body go limp with sleep, then I slipped out to take advantage of the few minutes I had with both toddlers asleep at the same time!

On the bicycling front, I'm excited that Kyle's new bike seat should be here tomorrow! I'm committed to riding him anywhere we go that we would normally walk and that's within 5 miles of the house. In addition to riding for fun, of course.

Kyle became the proud owner of a Little Tikes shopping cart this morning. Savers special: $5. He took it with us into the bank to make our deposits, across the street to show his baby all the cool things in the Target garden center, and that little guy pushed his cart with baby in it all the way to the mall from our house after dinner this evening. He let me know he wanted to go to the mall by signing dog, then baby, and then loading up his cart with baby and standing by the door. The cart is missing one thing: those plastic tires that all Little Tikes movable toys come with, but the wheel assemblies roll just fine for now. I'll look in to replacement tires next week.

And lastly, did you know I own a sewing machine? Yep, it's really neat; especially for someone who had never really seen one up close until she hit college. I begged Kevin for it earlier this year, skeptical as he was, and he has dutifully looked at my creations with a beaming smile and told me how wonderful they are (whether or not it's true!). Anyways, I've done a few little projects, but my favorite thing is making diapers so far. I will, hopefully soon, have some new patterns to try. In addition to sewing, I'm rediscovering crochet, which my mother taught me as a child. I never new how handy needle, thread, and yarn could be!

I took some great pictures this week and will plan on posting a couple by the end of the weekend!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I hope you get your health symptoms figured out soon, so you can get better! I can't wait to see pictures of your creations, especially the diapers.