Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

19 weeks

Kyle taking a picture of me while I take pictures of him:


So, the last two nights I've definitely been feeling this little one kick and it's awesome! Not enough to keep me awake, just enough to let me know "Hey, I'm here!". I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting to feel this baby on a regular basis. It makes me look forward to going to bed, lol. On the down side, my uterus has been so sore today, you could swear I must be doing some kind of internal aerobics the last couple days. It's not cramping, or sharp, shooting pains, just like if you had a good workout and you were sore. It's uncomfortable, but I'm assuming this just means our baby is getting bigger!

I finally broke down and registered us for WIC again today. After I started teaching, I didn't see any need for us to continue with WIC, but now that I'm pregnant again and Kyle and I drink a gallon of milk every 2 days, it will be so amazingly helpful. I almost fainted when they checked my iron and poor Kyle had no interest in getting his iron checked after that! It was fun to find out that I've gained 10 lbs and Kyle's height and weight is right on track. My goal has been to gain about 30 lbs w/this baby (as opposed to the 50 I gained with Kyle) and I seem to be on track with gaining about 1 lb a week. These are all silly things you think about when you are pregnant.

I have yet to start walking or doing water aerobics like I did with Kyle, however I'd like to do both soon on a regular basis. The water aerobics will be the toughest to work out because I will need someone to watch Kyle during that time. Kyle and I have been spending a couple hours outside every day because the weather here has been in the 70s and 80s; just beautiful for this time of year!

Well, despite the fact that the medication I'm on allows me to eat, I feel awful if I eat anything except for bland, bland, bland protein (think grilled chicken everyday) and drink milk. I tried branching out to a few foods I've missed: pizza, chili, root beer, chocolate...and well, I feel awful all evening after eating my usual non pregnant "comfort" foods. Ah well, just about 20 more weeks, right? I'm already looking for take out menus for places near the birth center! After Kyle was born, Kevin got me a BLT and I remember it was so delicious because I didn't feel sick at all...it's like magic after the baby is born, lol.

Well, it's almost 9 o'clock and I am exhausted. I think, at least for me, pregnancy forces me to take better care of myself (early bedtime, watch what you eat/drink, take it easy on your body), so that is a good thing. Good night!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I am glad you are taking care of yourself Mindy! Let us know if you want us to contact some students for baby sitting! We are looking forward to having you over for dinner as soon as we are in our new place =)