Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

20 weeks...plus a few days

Well, good grief, we hit 20 weeks on Wed. and I was totally excited, but neglected to post. Once again, this pregnancy is going really, really fast. I tried to get off my anti nausea meds over the weekend and early in to this week, only to find myself puking Tuesday morning...at the tour of a preschool where we would love to have Kyle go if we end up in Tucson next year for some reason. It was lovely. I called the midwives and wow!, heard back from them in less than two hours! They immediately called in a refill and I am almost feeling normal again.

The pregnancy dreams have been coming for awhile, but just last night did I have a dream like the kind I had with Kyle. I dreamed that I gave birth to a little boy with brown hair and blue eyes, and I was only in labor for 4 HOURS (crossing my fingers for that to come true)! Kyle could make this baby laugh like no other person in my dream; it was wonderful. Do we know what we're having yet? Nope. Our ultrasound is Monday afternoon and I am excited to find out!

Of course, I've already been wanting to buy things for this baby, even though we don't really and truly need anything. There is so much cool, new baby gear out since Kyle was born. Truly, I need to start sewing up diapers from one of our king size flannel sheets and (as soon as we know if it's a boy or a girl), looking for the "take home outfit". I look back at the onesie we put Kyle in to come home and think "That was a first time parent thing to do". We were hot, as it was August, but he was cold a good part of his early life I'm sorry to say. Kevin figured this out one night when Kyle would stop crying if he took him on our front porch. So, we finally started dressing Kyle a little warmer, even if it was 100 degrees out. Even now, Kyle will cry out in his sleep if he gets cold. One thing we have nothing of (I got rid of Kyle's stuff a long time ago), is clothes.

Also, I am so sad that our Fisher Price Safe Embrace Convertible Car Seat expires on March 9th of this year. Kyle still fits in it and likes riding in it, but I was so hoping to use it for our new little one. I think it has been my favorite car seat of the three we own for install and comfort of the child. Kyle never did well in the infant bucket car seat (screamed every car ride, probably due to reflux) and I'm loathe to try it again with this baby, but the bucket seat is in good condition and has not expired, so that's where we'll start with car seats for now.

Ah well, it always works out! I'll post again Monday with the big news! Have a great weekend and GO CARDINALS!

No comments: