Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

We are still here...






Oh dear, it's been way too long since I blogged and I apologize. At 12 weeks I was allowed to go off the progesterone (YEA!) and immediately started puking up everything (BOO). So, I tried unisom plus B6, just like with Kyle; and it didn't work! Boy, was I surprised. So, after two different anti nausea medications (the first one didn't work), I'm now happily eating, although still nauseous some of the time. Just a little update: At our 13 week appointment, I was measuring 3 weeks larger than usual so they scheduled an ultrasound to check for twins. Well, I am having twins, but not twin babies, just twin fibroids that are growing as the baby grows due to the pregnancy hormones. It sure was fun to get pictures of the little squirt, although this child is already suffering from second child syndrome since we have yet to scan and share those with all of you, ahem. However, looking at those pictures has sure helped me make it through some very sick nights and mornings, ugh. At our most recent appointment, I was measuring 4 weeks larger than how pregnant I actually am. There are two frustrating things about this: one, I'm huge already and two, the midwives are worried about preterm labor.

This pregnancy is going really, really fast. With Kevin finishing up his Ph.D. this semester and chasing Kyle around everyday, I'm not thinking about being pregnant every second of the day. Also, with those fibroids I have yet to feel the baby move on a regular basis; just a couple times a week, so I don't have a constant, moving reminder that there is something growing in there.

Kyle likes to give my stomach squeeze hugs and kisses. We just passed the due date for our first miscarriage (Jan 12th) and that was tough. Kyle and I spend Sunday mornings together and he crawled up in to my lap the weekend before the due date, puts his hands on my stomach and says "I don't want the baby to go to heaven". Of course, I believe he means he doesn't want me to miscarry, not that he doesn't truly want this child to go to heaven, haha. I teared up and it totally amazes me that he remembers.

I have to go now, quiet time is almost over and I've yet to rest! Enjoy the pictures, sorry I can't put captions up right now. Something seems to be wrong with the blogger picture post function. Ah well, that is everything Kyle has been up to this past Fall, and the hair cut he got today...he's been asking for short hair all week long, lol.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Yay, you are still here :) Even though you already mentioned the ultrasound to me, you got me for a second when you said it was twins!

Kyle looks so big! We'll be in AZ again in May and December of this year (both of our single sisters are getting married); it would be great to drive up and see you all. Hopefully it works out this time!