Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

35 weeks

Well, we are both still here. My body decided I overdid it on Mother's Day and threw in a few short, intense contractions for good measure Sunday night and Monday morning. Micah continues to flip around and do somersaults to his heart's content, despite my weekly pregnancy email stating "...your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now...". If he really is 18 inches long and closing in on 6lbs, his close quarters are not fazing him at all. I've been feeling nauseous and lightheaded on a regular basis, in addition to puking this morning. I will be the most surprised of all if he decides to extend his stay to 41 or 42 weeks, with all the fun intensity of the last two weeks.

No appointments for us this week, but I do get to be a single parent again, for the third time since we found out we were pregnant last fall. Kevin is flying to Nashville, TN on Saturday afternoon to confirm that he really does want to accept a post doc position at Vanderbilt University. It has been our first choice for awhile and we were both thrilled when he received an official offer last Friday! We expect to move there sometime later this summer.

In other news, it looks like Kevin and his advisor want to schedule his defense for after Micah is born. So, keep your calendars open during the last week of June.

I'm more tired than I have been and my little Kyle is the one who suffers from my lethargy. I am anxious for his summer classes to start in two weeks, which will help give our days more of a routine and allow him some additional creative and energy outlets.

The last few days I've started feeling the urge to pack our "hospital" bags and start getting everything in order. I think the only thing I truly need to do is swing by our local cloth diaper service and pick up a dozen or two of their retired infant prefolds. We were given some covers that should get us through to six months old, but the funniest thing happened at our last appointment: I saw the mom who had given us the covers in the lobby of the birth center and she told us she was very surprisingly 8 weeks pregnant, lol! So, I'll be sending those covers back her way around Christmas.

That's about all I can think of...we told Kyle we were moving to TN and he had two requests: A house with a fireplace and stairs. Hrmmm...stairs definitely weren't on my housing requirement list!

No comments: