Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 07, 2009

I just want to cry

Micah is transverse...not true transverse, but like diagonal. His little tush is pointing towards my right shoulder and his sweet little head is pointing towards my left thigh. Although, this does change on a regular basis. The issue is his head has not engaged in any way, shape, or form in my pelvis. The midwife wanted me to start coming in every week...I begged off for two more weeks. She was already talking about interventions: physical inversions, etc...

I'm done, so done. Pregnancy just beats me down physically and psychologically. It's not that I don't have good days, but overall, the experience is just draining. All I want is to push my baby out; no c-section. The fact that this is even in question at 34 weeks makes me want to scream.

I was so excited to make it to 34 weeks. Now, I have to keep it together until we're 37 weeks and pray Micah engages. I'm doing all the "postures", swimming, and investing in a exercise ball to sit on and open my pelvis up.

That's it. That's all I know. Other than his positioning, everything looks stellar for him and me which is always good news! No matter what happens, I know it will be okay, even if it's not the way I want things, or expect things, but it still makes me emotional.

1 comment:

Bri said...

Eek, I am sorry to hear that. I know you prefer things to be as natural as humanly possible. Just in case...the cesarean really isn't all that bad. I'm sure vaginal is way more engaging and fulfilling, but I liked how my dad puts it...in a surgical setting, there is an awful lot of control available to the doctors. I am pulling for things to go your way, though, because I think all women earn that. Not that it seems to matter, but still.