Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Summer is here

We're just going to celebrate a little early and say "Happy 34 weeks!", which we'll be in about 2 hours. That means, 3 more weeks until the birth center will let me deliver there if I go in to labor early and 6 more weeks to our due date! I'm getting anxious and excited that we are so close to meeting this little guy. Last night Kevin and I watched a movie together and Micah was really stretching out during the entire thing; it was amazing watching my stomach poke in and out as he moved around. I've been walking, or trying to walk, around the park every night, but now I start contracting after ONE loop. If you've seen our park, you know it's not that big. I'd love to have a little more endurance built up for labor, but it looks like that might not be an option. I've also started having the exact same kind of braxton hicks contractions that I remember from my pregnancy with Kyle. Looks like my body is starting to gear up for the big day!

Kyle is feeling better. He often sleeps with his Tonka Fire Rescue Hummer. I'm not sure how he does it, sleeping with a large truck, but it seems to work for him. Also, he often has his Bob the Builder tool belt on when he goes to bed too. Kevin took the belt off, put it and the truck on the floor the other night, and by morning both items were back in bed with Kyle! He has named one of my old Cabbage Patch preemie dolls "Lofty" and we are required to dress "Lofty" in a new outfit every morning and pajamas every night. So far, we've been using some of the preemie clothes that were given to us in bags of clothes for Micah. And lastly, the books on Kyle's shelf about a new baby joining the family, have been in heavy rotation this week (Kyle's choice, not ours). We have a neighbor named Micah, and the other night I said "There goes big Micah to worship practice". Kyle comes running from our back room "Baby Micah's here?!?!", LOL. Oh honey, if it only happened that quickly and easily!

It's hot and getting hotter. We've been using the cooler in the afternoon/evenings, but I have a feeling it will be on more and more now. I am truly blessed to have made it this far into our pregnancy with no triple digit temperatures yet. My swelling has been minimal this week and I'm still able to stay quite comfortable indoors. Kyle and I headed to the pool today and it felt great!

Kevin is looking at a June 6th date for defending his dissertation. I'll let you know once that's confirmed (He has like five advisors whose schedules he has to coordinate with to get this done). I love how they keep moving it closer and closer to my due date, haha. At least some family should be in town if something happens that week ;). We are slowly getting some news trickling in about potential post doc offers, but nothing official yet.

I have an appt. on Thursday and will update then if there is any new info!

2 comments:

Bri said...

I am getting totally excited for you guys...what a culmination of amazing events! You must be beaming with pride over Kevin, and this new chapter will begin with your littlest son at your side! So cool.

Kirsten said...

Ooh, you are so close! Definitely keep us updated as to where you all might be going, especially if it is near us!