Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Micah!




Dear Micah,

I can't believe you are 1 year old today; the time has gone so fast.  A year ago I was cuddling, swaddling, and nursing an  8lb 10oz, 20 1/4 inch little baby boy and tomorrow we will find out how big and tall you are now!  You are incredibly happy, all the time; smiling, squealing, talking, laughing.  

You love to sleep with daddy at night, and in the morning you crawl in to "your" room that you share with Kyle, looking for me and your brother.  You nod your head yes and no when we ask questions, walk, crawl, and climb to get whatever you need or want if it's not immediately in reach.  You love animals and the zoo has become very interesting to you in the past month or so.  You eat everything, you always have, and I don't know that there is anything we've offered you that you haven't tried.  Water is another favorite thing of yours; you are truly offended if one of us doesn't pull you in to the shower in the mornings and lately you ask to wash your hands at the downstairs bathroom sink whenever you notice someone else is about to wash up.  You've pretty much refused to use sign language, even though we started signing to you the week you were born!  You insist on "talking" and "making your own signs" or gesturing/pointing to get your ideas across to us.  You love to wrestle with your dad and brother in the evenings after dinner and "play" Super Mario Bros. on the WII with your "controller", aka the VCR remote control.

A few of your other favorite things include music (on the stereo or if daddy sings, but never mommy singing!), talking on the phone (and unlocking my phone to play with it), and driving our cars. 

This house here in TN is effectively the only home you've ever known, even though you were born in Tucson, and we lived in an apartment in Nashville for three months.  A lot happened when we moved in to this house; you stopped sleeping and started getting ear infection upon ear infection.  It was awful.  We were finally able to get tubes put in your ears at 6 months old, and wow! what a difference.  Not only were you no longer sick all the time, but you were vocal, like we'd never heard you before (probably because you could hear now, whereas before they said it was like you were hearing everything underwater).  

Your birthday party was amazing.  We had it yesterday and I was so worried because it was the first big event we have had since moving to TN, and the first time your father and I had anyone over to our place since moving in (besides family).  I was so blessed by the friends that attended the party and I enjoyed watching you, watch the big kids play and the way you ate your smash cake was picture perfect!  You collapsed for a nap after everyone left and I could smell the frosting in your hair as I kissed the top of your head before laying you down in bed.  

Today, I took you and your brother on a hike at Radnor Lake.  You received lots of birthday calls today and birthday wishes via video chat tonight. 

I'm sorry I haven't written about your first year the way I did your brother's, but I can assure you, that we have taken many, many pictures and your photo book is on it's way!  You adore looking at pictures of all of us, so your father and I are giving you a photo book for your present this year.

I love you Mister!

Love, Mama

No comments: