Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yawn

Kevin scanned from 8 to 8 today and didn't walk through our front door until 10 pm tonight!  The boys and I ran some errands this morning, only to get caught in a rain storm on the way home.  After lunch and some playtime, Micah took a two hour nap in our king size bed (I recently bought side rails for it), and Kyle had some quiet time of his own.  We actually had to wake Micah up to head to Kyle's last swim class this afternoon.  I took some video of the class so Kevin could get an idea of what Kyle had learned over the past two weeks.  Micah loved watching the kids splash around.  I'm hopeful we can continue swim lessons on a once a week, year round, basis once the school year starts up again.  We'll see with everything else I'd love to sign Kyle up for this year (gymnastics, AWANA, soccer, basketball, music, theater, etc...).  

Micah was a little more clingy than usual today, but I think maybe he is just interested in everything I'm doing.  By the end of the day, I would ask him if he wanted to come with me to do laundry, make dinner, clean up, etc... and he would nod yes or no.  During bathtime tonight, Micah would stand up in the tub, look at me until I asked him to sit down, then splash down with great laughter.  He also loves to have the water running.  He would stand up, touch the faucet knob, and make a high pitched lilting sound as if he was asking if we could turn it on again.  It's so much fun to decipher his "language" right now.  Another cool thing happened today; for the first time ever, Micah fell asleep next to me in bed for his nap!  Usually, I walk him in our soft structured carrier.  And talking about sleep, I am playing with the idea of selling the boys bunkbeds and putting a full or queen size bed in their room for them to share.  They both love sleeping next to someone; they sleep better and longer when they sleep with someone else.  

And on that note, I should get some sleep myself.  Kevin will be headed in early for some more scanning!

No comments: