Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Vacation!

I did it; made reservations at a local resort for our anniversary in August. I look forward to this weekend every year since our first anniversary (not that we've had that many, this is going to be number three). However, this year will be particularly sweet since Kevin and I have yet to spend 24 hours alone since junior arrived.

Also, I'm plunging back in to the job market, looking for part time tutoring positions. This is kind of exciting and scary at the same time. I feel like I've just come in to my own as a stay at home mom, but there's something to be said about bringing home a paycheck (which I had been doing since I was 15 until we found out we were pregnant).

Kyle is learning new skills really fast lately. As of last night he would willingly walk around with one of us only holding one of his hands, instead of both of his hands. This morning he leaned over the tub to retrieve a toy he'd thrown over with no fear of falling in or getting stuck. Last week he did the same thing but screamed when he ended up balancing on the tub. Kyle knows how to throw and will play some semblance of catch if you have a ball to throw with him (this morning he also attempted catch with one of his hard blocks which I quickly tried to ignore).

Also, he loves to have conversations where he says something, you reply, and he'll talk some more, in addition to you mimicking him or him mimicking you. All of these things just get him giddy with laughter. And lastly, he seems to be picking up on his signs a little faster. Just the other morning he woke up in bed with me and started moving his hands in the "change" sign for diaper change. Sure enough, he let me change his diaper no fuss and has continued to do this consistently.

To my chagrin, he's been nursing more lately, but then I realized he's also been sleeping more, so I'm wondering if he's going through another growth spurt. We're leaving for the beach on Saturday, so I'll post when we get home (unless there is something spectacular that happens that I just can't wait to tell you).

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Wow, vacation! I hope you guys have a lot of fun. Congrats on the anniversary :) I can't wait to see how much Kyle has grown up, especially his haircut. Ellie is just about able to wear two pigtails (tiny ones that stick out straight). We miss you all!