Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 25, 2006

Held accountable...

Kevin and I make a point to "say grace" before we eat. Well, Kyle now folds his hands and "prays" with us. If we for some reason start eating without praying, Kyle stops, folds his hands and looks at us like "Didn't you forget something?".

When I picked Kyle up from the nursery at church yesterday morning, one of the workers said Kyle was "sharing" his goldfish crackers with the other kids. I sent him in to the nursery with his snack cup and I guess he was pulling crackers out of his cup and putting them in the other kids mouths. They might have thought he was sharing, but really it's a game we play here at home "Can you feed mommy/daddy?". Cute nonetheless.

And for all my concerns about various ways Kevin and I should be teaching Kyle to be independent, I realized we're doing quite well with the little guy when I saw one of his 1 yr old plus friends still eating stage 2 baby food and an almost 2 year old friend who's mom isn't sure when she'll be weaned because nursing is how she goes to sleep....hmmm. I just keep my mouth shut unless asked for some advice; they aren't my kids!

Lastly, I'll leave you with the mother who's 14 month old daughter still uses her (now much too small) infant car seat and was just introduced to "other people" last week. The mom confessed to all of us at movers and shakers that her daughter had been premature and the doctor said to keep her isolated for the first 3 months...however, the mom just got used to it and never took her daughter out until now.

I'm pretty sure I would've gone insane if it had just been Kevin, Kyle, and me for the past 13 months...Here's to an interesting week and keeping my opinions to myself!

No comments: