Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 07, 2007

Here we go...

Kyle has been all toddler lately! Talking, insisting, throwing tantrums, being super clingy, etc...This morning he started saying "no no" instead of "na na". I always appreciated that Kyle's way of saying no was to shake his head no, not say the word no over and over again. However, I think those days of head shaking are almost behind us! Also, do you remember the Trader Joe's shopping cart incident? Well, we've gone a few times since then and Kyle would whine, but generally get over it quickly when it was time to put the cart away. Today, I am so proud of him, today he put the cart away after we got through the cash register, the first time I asked him, then happily grabbed a balloon and followed me out to the car! No whining, no fussing, no trying to take the cart with us; whew. I feel like a small victory has been made!

I have to tell you about Kyle's new shelves (thanks granny!). Kyle received some new toy shelves a week or two ago and we decided to put them in his room, with all his little toys in the bins. Well, everyday we pick up the house at lunch and before bedtime and Kyle has gotten really good at it! He'll happily put his toys away and lug the bins back to his room to put on the shelf. In addition, he's started putting other things away when he sees they aren't in their place! Take for instance, the baby monitor. It usually lives on my nightstand, but on the weekends Kevin graciously takes it to the family room with him so I can sleep in a little bit. Kyle found the monitor in the family room and returned it to my nightstand before he went to bed last night. He's done this with other items too.

In the past couple weeks we've been to the zoo, a birthday party, and the library numerous times. Kyle learned how to put stickers on a piece of paper and is even scribbling with his crayons now! He is eating more and often likes to feed himself; amazingly he's decided that he now wants to use his booster seat at the table (before he'd just sit in the big chair). We've been going on bike rides about twice a week since his new bike seat came in the mail and he always asks for more when we reach our destination. I took Kyle and Rose over to the U of A farm that is right near our house and showed them the cows and horses last week. They loved it and we all sang Old McDonald had a Farm. I guess Rose constantly talks about Kyle during the week when we're not there. Her mom told me she wakes up saying "juice, milk, Kyle".

I've been working on trying to find a way to reduce our disposable diaper usage. Nap and night times are the big question mark. I did find a used Fuzzi Bunz cover (the Mercedes of cloth diaper covers) at our local cloth diaper supply store, so Kyle is currently taking his nap in that with two prefolds stuffed in it...we'll see how it goes!

Kyle has started playing pretend more; he'll be driving his trucks across the carpet and you'll hear "slurrrp" as he tips the nose of the truck in to the carpet so the truck can get a drink! If you ask him what the truck is drinking he can usually tell you either juice or milk, lol. He's growing up so fast; I really encourage anyone who hasn't seen him in awhile to stop by! We will be in Phoenix May 17-20, dropping Kevin off at the airport for his conference in Germany, so let me know if you have some time to see us (Kyle and me that is).

And lastly, we are too excited about the engagement of Kevin's sister, Kristy, to her long time boyfriend James. Yea for more family (and cousins in the future)!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see Kyle (and you of course)! It will be sooo much fun to see him and Ellie together. Does he know how to jump and get both feet off the ground? She needs a little friend to teach her :) I'm pretty sure we're coming up to Tucson! My only problem will be a lack of a car :(