Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 16, 2007

A few new things

Kyle and I have been so busy all week! Errands and chores galore. Today we sold some clothes to a resale store here in town, went to library storytime, and had lunch at a sit down restaurant! It was time to cash in for my birthday burger at Red Robin, so I chanced taking Kyle out all by myself. As many of you know who have eaten out with us, he doesn't sit still for long! After a prayer and an explanation of what we were doing and how I expected him to behave, we went to eat. Kyle was awesome! He stayed in the booth the entire lunch, and our waitress was even a little relaxed, so it took longer than I anticipated. I got to eat my whole burger and he eat 3/4 of a kids pizza. After lunch we went to see the puppies at the pet store (Red Robin is in the mall) and then played at the indoor playground. It was a great afternoon!

My brother came to see us on Tuesday and we all went clothes shopping. At the Vans store, Kyle picked up a slip on Vans shoe with flames on it. He clodded around the store in the one shoe while Uncle Steve tried some shoes on. Then we decided to have them bring out the shoes in Kyle's size. Well, they accidentally brought out some with dragons on them and Kyle said "no" and pointed to the flame shoes. Okie doke. We finally got a pair of flames in the right size and Uncle Steve treated Kyle to his new trendy Vans for his birthday. I was so nostalgic about it all. Steven and I lived in Vans the first couple years we raced BMX because everyone used flat pedals then. I remember going to nationals and the Vans semi truck would be there selling the now very trendy slip on style for $10 a pair. My favorite was a pair of purple ones I had until there were holes in the toes. They matched my bike which had all purple anodized parts. Kyle didn't take his new shoes off until bedtime that night and immediately chose them to wear the next day.

Also, we just got our new cloth diapers in! Well, new to us. We've decided to stop spending money on diapers and picked up 4 nice cloth diapers with super soaker inserts for the remainder of Kyle's diapering days (we still have 4 or 5 retired covers and 20-30 trifolds). These will mostly be used for nap and nighttime. The kind we got are Drybees. They are so nice compared to our covers and prefolds. I used the Drybees all day today, even while we were out and it was super easy. Kyle has been using the potty about once a day successfully this whole week! He had been on a potty strike all summer, but we started a new morning routine that includes a potty stop and he's taken advantage of that a few times. He'll let us give him his privacy and read about 12 books to himself while he goes potty. I went to the bathroom this afternoon and he comes in, does the sign for book, then proceeds to bring me some of his books to read to him while I pee; LOL!

I guess that's about all! Have a great weekend; I know I will!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Aw, I remember Vans. You should post a picture of Kyle in his stylish shoes! I'm glad you're loving the pocket diapers; I'm loving my fuzzybunz, and I ordered two new types for $7 each yesterday, a side-snapping swaddlebees and a Steph's Diaper Factory. We'll see how those work for us!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.