Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 13, 2007

A walk I won't soon forget...

After dinner tonight, we all walked to the mall to see the puppies. Kyle pushed his little play stroller alongside/behind Kevin pushing the big jogger stroller (in case Kyle got tired) and it was too cute! Kyle loves to walk anywhere except the sidewalk; like the grass, rocks, bushes, etc...

We were almost to the mall and Kyle stepped right on a piece of cactus! I totally freaked out, but Kevin picked him up and I pulled the needles out. It was in his heel and the heel of the shoe. He cried and said "Kyle owie!" a bunch of times. We asked if he wanted to go home and he said "No, puppies", so we went to the mall. I put him down gingerly in his bare feet at the pet shop and he tiptoed around for a few minutes until a German Shepard pup started jumping for him and then Kyle danced around for the puppy. His feet don't seem to be bothering him at all and I am so thankful. We did wash/soak his feet in the sink after we got home, which he loved because he could stomp his feet and make huge splashes. I think he'll be okay. I'm the one who will be putting us both in socks and tennis shoes all week!

That's all the excitement for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once when Kev was a little guy he fell in a way that the palm of his hand was covered in cactus spines. Denny was away at work, and all I remember is having to pick out all these needles and Kevin hardly crying. He was always a great patient.

I guess we all have cactus stories.

p.s. When I was a squirt I sat on a barrel cactus! Perhaps it's hereditary! ;-)

Love you much,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Just wait until his dad, granddad and uncle take him out cycling. Then he can run into a cactus like the rest of us have at some point :)

Owen