Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Kyle ate and ate and..

ate today. Four bowls of cereal this morning and two bowls of mac n cheese for lunch; kid size bowls, but still! He NEVER eats that much, ever!

We spent a day'ish in Phoenix this weekend seeing family. Kyle did great, except when it came to napping. The Tatums left this morning; very bittersweet as we're excited for them to move on, but sad to not have them nearby. At least the timezone won't be so problematic with them in Wisconsin instead of Jordan!

We are busy, too busy I think. I picked up a little more nannying for the school year: 2 hours a morning, Monday-Thursday. And then, of course, tutoring should pick up here soon, in addition to my reading class. I do need to call my boss about that class as I haven't heard much this summer.

Kevin is plugging along with his program and chatted with me about doing a post doc here as a possibility...which means we'd be here 4 more years instead of 2 more years. I couldn't say how serious he was about it, but it has given me this desire to look for a place to live. Like, a 3 bedroom so we could have more kids and not feel suffocated in our 2 bedroom apartment. Additionally, I'd prefer to not drag an infant, toddler, and groceries up and down these stairs for the next few years.

I'm not complaining, just thinking ahead.

In other news, Kyle's birthday is coming up and we'd love for you to join us in celebrating his 2nd year:

August 26th, 2007
3:30 p.m.
Brandi Fenton Park, Ramada B
Make sure you wear/bring something to get wet in. We're right next to the splash park!

Not sure what a two year old might be in to? We made him a wish list on amazon:

My Amazon.com Wish List

Ah yes, and in hindsight, Kevin and I celebrated our 4th anniversary last week. Time just flies by! Although, I know we've been married awhile because I no longer remember what it feels like to be a newlywed nor do I feel qualified to give any kind of advice on the first couple years of marriage. I love that it feels like we've always been married!

I hope you are getting as much rain and fantastic weather as we are here in Tucson! It almost feels like fall most days. Come visit us anytime!

No comments: