Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 09, 2009

Everything that's on my mind

So, I felt pretty good for a week and then on Sunday I realized I was starting to feel the way you are only supposed to feel during your third trimester (status check, I am just shy of 22 weeks); no where near third trimester, thank you very much. I will spare you the details, but today I insisted on Finding Nemo as our afternoon movie, as opposed to 101 Dalmations...because Mommy was feeling yucky today! I was rewarded however, when Kyle joined me for a nap after the movie; he curled up at my back, played with my shirt a little bit and I heard his breathing even out before I fell asleep! I love it when he chooses to take a nap, as opposed to playing during quiet time. It happens about once every 2 weeks on average.

The reason we've been watching a lot of movies is Kyle was amazingly sick since Wed. afternoon. I'm talking a running fever through yesterday, cough, runny nose, his eyes even looked sick, poor little guy. He would sit on the couch, bundled in blankets and drink homemade smoothies all day. I never did take his temperture (digital thermometer needs a new battery) or take him to the doctor. A hot bath, some vicks, ibuprofen, and intense nose blowing seemed to get him through the nights. However, he has been tucking in to bed with us by morning. Amazingly, I haven't minded and have been able to sleep. I think he usually cuddles up to Kevin because I have my fortress of pillows surrounding me to help stay comfortable through the night.

My mom arrived and helped give us a break from sick duty this weekend! We even went out on a date; thankfully, I'm still able to sit through an entire movie without having to pee...but very soon, this will no longer be the case. I am starting to remember the joy of the last 10 weeks or so of pregnancy, ugh. There is something about how uncomfortable you get that makes you beg your body to go in to labor. Have you read about some of the things women do to induce labor?

Stop me if I've shared this before but, the night I went in to labor with Kyle followed a huge emotional, crying/journaling session along the lines of begging God to let me give birth in the next 24 hours. After that release, I started having contractions about 30 minutes later. Praise God. I remember I kept asking my doula if she thought we were really having the baby today and she assured me, that yes, I was having a baby today. I knew that if I arrived at the birth center and they sent me home, I would be a mess.

Anyways, Micah will now be clothed for at least the first couple days of life (until one of us does laundry). My mom bought a 5 pack of onesies for the little guy and Kevin commented that he really didn't need much else in June, in Tucson, because we'd have him swaddled up in blankets anyways. So true, but I'm still on the hunt for a take home oufit. Kyle has been quite the helper as we look through the baby clothes; he likes everything he takes off the rack for Micah and wants to buy it "Mom, don't you think this is cute?" "I think Micah would like wearing this". The funny thing is, that baby boy clothes always look the same. I get to tell Kyle that he wore something very similar as a child and then go find the picture of it. Which reminds me of a comment a mom of six friend of mine made at church the other week while I was snapping pictures of Kyle "You better stop taking pictures because Micah will never have as many as Kyle"! I'm sure it's true. I think we took pictures of Kyle almost everyday at first.

This evening Kyle helped with the dishes and went on a run with Kevin, lol. He came home and showed me the stretches they did before and after. It was awesomely cute. I can't believe how grown up he is. It makes having Micah now even sweeter!

Well, it's time for sleep. As a P.S.-If you have any baby boy clothes you'd like to pass on, Micah is in need. It's the one thing we don't have for this little guy.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Mindy - I still have some clothes from Rowan that I saved for you! I'll send you a message on facebook.