Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Ups and downs

Kyle felt Micah kick this weekend! It was so cool. His eyes and mouth would get wide open and he'd gasp and say "There he is!". If I tell him Micah's sleeping when he tries to feel my belly now, he shakes my belly and says "Micah, wake up!".

As of Saturday afternoon, up through Sunday night, I was feeling a little apprehensive. Micah didn't seem to be moving as much as he did earlier in the week. Actually, he moves a lot less than Kyle ever did in the womb, but Micah is also in a different position (head up, last appointment). I also might be more wary this time around because of the miscarriages; I just don't know.

Anyways, last night I was ready for bed and Kevin came to tuck me in. I laid on my side and we felt Micah moving, until I was satisfied that he was okay. Not long after the lights went out, I was having some really intense pain in my back and lower abdomen (it totally flashed me back to being in labor with Kyle). I was able to deal with it, but it lasted several minutes, until I was about to tell Kevin to call the birth center and immediately had to puke. Thankfully, that was the only time I puked all night, and after, I felt better, Micah was a little more active and I was able to sleep. Totally strange and nothing like I ever experienced with Kyle's pregnancy. Micah has felt more like himself today and I've been fine too.

We continue to be blessed with clothes, baby gear, and cloth diapering items! I am completely overwhelmed by the generosity of our family and friends.

It's my bedtime! Here's to a night free from sickness :).

No comments: