Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Welcome to the antepartum unit...

So, this morning I was admitted to Tucson Medical Center with contractions coming every two minutes, although I only felt 4-5 of those contractions in an hour (probably about a 2 on a 1-10 pain scale). Anyways, I had to face all my fears about anything medical related (had my first IV, first internal exam for this pregnancy, shots, etc..). All of my tests, cultures, images came back negative for anything at all. Micah looks perfect, amniotic fluid is great, and despite the contractions, I am not dilating and my cervix looks great. I received 3 shots of turbuteline over the course of the day and my uterus finally stopped actively contracting, although they seemed to think it was still "irritated". I am home now, on bed rest, and will see the midwives on Monday. Thank you for all the prayers, phone calls, texts, and visits! I will continue to update as I'm able.

No comments: