Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A week's worth of posts...

Yes, I know, it's been a really long time since I posted. It was so good to see my family in VA, but I was sick the whole time; not like, sort of sick, but I felt like I had the flu everyday, all day. Turns out those prenatal vitamins my mom bought were sending me over the edge and making me sick. Of course, we didn't figure that out until the day we left VA. Ah well. So, it's officially six weeks plus a couple of days! Supposedly, the baby has little webbed hands and feet now, in addition to a beating heart!

Let's retract to vacation for a few details. So, anyone who's spent anytime with a woman in early pregnancy probably knew I was pregnant, but we didn't tell the family while we were back East and they didn't ask. However, on the one day I'm feeling good and able to leave the house (for a trip to the mall), my mom INSISTS on looking through every maternity section and in every maternity store there. Thankfully, it's a small mall, but it was quite bewildering to be looking at those clothes. I discover a pair of .77 shorts which seem like a good idea since I will be most pregnant during the hottest months of the year here in Tucson.

Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I've got a good 1.5-2 months before I'll even begin to show, my hips have decided they need to be a little wider, so I am unable to button all but one pair of my jeans and have been living in track pants.

The good news is that everything I'm experiencing so far is normal, but I'm convinced if I am able to remember this being sick part of pregnancy, I will not choose to become pregnant again (and I can hear you thinking, "But did you choose it this time?")...Yea, yea, I know. Merry Christmas present!

Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot to tell you about our dad's reactions. So Kevin's dad, Denny, seemed pretty blown away by it and excited. He totally scrapped chocolate chip pancakes for Christmas morning breakfast, in order to provide me with something a little healthier. My dad, on the other hand, said it was probably a good thing we got pregnant now because if I had been 30 I might have been a little old...LOL. He proceeded to take the baby's first "pictures" in front of his Christmas tree.

It has been so much fun to tell our parents about this baby. I know they are all going to be amazing grandparents!

In other news, my cat has taken to sleeping right in the crook of my belly (she has ALWAYS slept at our feet), so I think she knows something is up. Also, I had a job interview yesterday for teaching 6th graders, but the commute, daily schedule, and salary just weren't worth it. That's it!

No comments: