Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

36 weeks and change

What can I say? It's hot, but that's to be expected this time of year. Kyle is at his last week of VBS for the summer this week. Micah is more than thrilled to play and read books in their bedroom without big brother interfering in the mornings. Kevin is working as much as possible to finish up a few things before Wes arrives. I am sitting on the exercise ball drinking lots of water, eating ice, and staring at the crib that needs to be emptied and the hospital bag that needs to be packed. Everything I do takes about 3x as long as usual because I have to sit down for about 10 minutes for every 5 minutes of activity. Taking a shower and getting dressed is almost an hour long activity now; it's crazy. I have to ask Micah to hop on to a bed or couch to get him dressed and change diapers because sitting on the floor is not an option; as I am unlikely to be able to get up again! Last week I went a little overboard at Costco, but we now have some convenience dinners in the fridge/freezer/pantry so we've been able to eat at home most nights with minimal prep. There are no more ants in my kitchen: they have now migrated to my upstairs bathtub. Kevin and I have been showering in the boys bathroom while we wait for the poison to take effect. Kevin wakes up at some awful early hour, shuttles Micah in to bed with me, showers, then eats breakfast with Kyle (if he wakes up before he leaves), and takes off for the bus around 6:30 a.m.. I am more and more anxious for a second vehicle, so our schedules don't have to be so flipped around all the time and we don't all have to go everywhere, every time there are pick up/drop off conflicts.

That's about it, everything that is kind of happening around here and/or on my mind lately.

No comments: