Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

So, the way church usually goes...

...for me these days is I sit with Kevin during praise and worship, then Wesley wakes up and I get uncomfortable, so I head to the nursing mommy's room to sit in a rocker and rock (Wesley always falls asleep or calms down when I rock in a rocker). Yesterday, there was a mama in there with a 2 year old boy and a 5 week old boy, and she was a first time visitor! We chatted and talked, as the baby was actually her third child and I asked about transitioning, etc... Then, she had to step out with her 2 year old and handed me her little 5 week old baby boy! I about lost it, he was so tiny and I realized I hadn't held a baby in a really long time, as in probably since Micah was that itty bitty. We have babies come in to the church nursery where I work during the school year, but they are usually 6 months and up (the little ones stay with their mamas in Bible study). It made it all feel strangely real to hold a tiny baby again, as in, this will be us in about 8 weeks!

Kevin and I are starting to plan Kyle's 6th birthday party and I am torn on what to do for him, how much party do we give or allow. It's hard to have parties at our house, or that would definitely be the plan (just too small, even for 5 or 6 kids and their families). He's had a really hard time lately too, which I think is because of all the upcoming changes in the next couple weeks (starting school, new brother, turning 6, etc...). It's usually too hot for an outside party.

Micah is saying "no" and "mine" a lot. I guess that is to be expected around the age of 2! He's still talking a lot, doing everything he can do (our footstool is his ticket to freedom), and is very, very active. Kevin and I have realized that being parents of all boys is a little unique...especially when you get together with families that have boys and girls! Our boys were found to be jumping on beds and racing in to walls last night at community group...we are now focusing on what's allowed at home, as opposed to what is allowed at other people's homes (even if their kids are doing it)! Yes, our boys do jump on our furniture, race around the house, tackle, wrestle, and play ball games inside the house. That's just the way it is right now, and I hope I can remember that when my kids are older and we have active little ones visiting! They love their books, movies, and creative play with various super heroes and action figures, but everything becomes "active". Right now they are taking turns racing a remote controlled motorcycle off of various beds and tables to see if it will land right side up. The boy who isn't racing it, "catches it".

I'm exhausted and it looks like another over the top, unusually hot week here in middle TN. We are 37 weeks tomorrow and have an appointment around lunch time. I keep having braxton hicks every night, but nothing to call the midwives about. Kevin seems more anxious than me for Wes to arrive! I did finally pack a hospital bag, something I had been putting off, in denial that we will actually be driving to the hospital to have our baby and I will have to stay there for at least some length of time.

We are looking forward to taking the boys to a baseball game tonight, for as long as mommy can last! It's fun to do a few last things with them that we otherwise might not be up for here in the coming weeks.

No comments: