Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

38 weeks and

still very much pregnant, with no even little inklings or indications that Wesley might join us soon. Our doctor appt. isn't until Thursday this week; I guess once you get to weekly appts. they just have to squeeze you in wherever they can because M, T, and W of this week were all filled up! I am everything a very pregnant woman can be: tired, uncomfortable, emotional, physically unable to do just about everything!

Kevin and I celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday by, you know, buying a minivan (what else would you do on your anniversary?). It's new to us, a 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L, fully loaded. It even has the plus one seat, which just makes me giddy because that means we can seat 8 people! Who knows when that will actually happen, but it's still really, really cool. And lastly, when we picked it up last night, I had not even realized it had a sun roof! The only thing I've ever wanted in a vehicle is a sun roof. We rode home from anniversary ice cream with the boys with that roof wide open and of course, both boys had to stick their hands up through it before we went in the house. This morning after breakfast Kyle asks "So when are we going for a ride in our new van?", LOL! I am so thankful and blessed, not just to have a new van, but oh my goodness, to be a two car family again. It has been a long 8 months of making it work with one car, many schedules, and a new pregnancy.

Yesterday, I made the short drive over to Kyle's elementary school with the boys in tow in order to register our little kindergartner. Talk about paperwork! Good gracious. However, we had everything in order and should hear from his teacher soon, then a parent meeting on Tuesday, a meet and greet Wed. morning, and first day of school on Thursday August 11th! Gah, I can't believe our first born is starting school next week!

That's about all the news I have for now. Taking the boys to the bounce house today; maybe I can encourage Wesley to come a little sooner too ;)!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I enjoy my sun roof too, Mindy. I love reading your updates!

Steve & Hannah said...

Yay!! So happy for you guys with your new van! Congrats on the 8 years, too! Thanks for sharing your life through your blog...I've been enjoying tracking along with you. Did I tell you that I love the name for your little guy?! Good work!