Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Another update I guess

Kevin graciously worked at home this morning so he could take Kyle to a make up swim lesson at 10:30. Turns out we were the only family that could make the make up lesson, so Kyle got a private lesson! Tomorrow he will swim again, then every Sat. up to his birthday party day! He is so much more confident in the water since we started lessons this summer. I am excited that Micah will be able to start lessons next summer since he will be 3 in June! My August babies always have to wait for the following summer. That's the earliest you can start without it being a parent/tot lesson.

I am starting to get a taste of what's to come in the next week or so (God willing)! The occasional painful practice contractions are a brief, yet familiar, reminder of why it's referred to as "labor". Every person I know who also had an August due date has now given birth, every one of them before their due date. Jealous? Maybe a little. Would I like to throw myself a pity party? Yea, basically. Would I like to be holding our newest son and posting pictures of him all over the place? Absolutely! I dreamed I was in labor all night long last night, which was not cool. Then I had more labor dreams during nap time today.

One person I haven't dreamed about is Wes; which is strange because I had dreams with both of the other boys. Very real, life like, turned out to be true dreams about their physical looks and personalities! I am incredibly curious about our little guy.

Micah and I were playing catch with his Curious George stuffed animal today and he started throwing George "to Wesley". LOL. Yea, straight at my stomach. It was hilarious. He also decided to stand up and surf in the bassinet of our playpen after throwing some toys in there. I can tell that being a big brother at 2 is going to be waaay different than being a big brother at 4 was.

That's about it. I'm bored to tears, exhausted, and ready to have this baby!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I guess those labor pains were not practice!! So happy for you Mindy :)