Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

First day of school

Well, it's official: I am the mom of a bona fide kindergartner! The first day was only 2 1/2 hours long, but everything went smoothly. I cried once in the shower while we were all getting ready to drop him off and teared up several times the rest of the morning, but we all survived. Kevin stayed home a bit this morning to accompany us to drop off and take a few pictures. I know Kyle will do great this year; his teacher has got it together and the school seems to have a really great staff atmosphere (although who really knows unless you work there)! Kyle was a little nervous when we arrived, but walked right in and warmed up to the classroom with no issues. There was one poor little girl crying and Kyle said another little boy ended up crying at some point during the morning too. The pick up line took over 20 minutes, so we will be walkers ASAP. And today that pick up line was only the kinder parents; not even the rest of the schoolkids parents waiting to pick them up too! I am so thankful that even though we aren't in the best district in the state, we are in one of the best neighborhoods/elementary schools. You could tell that the families for the children that are zoned for Kyle's school are all about being supportive and involved!

In other news, Micah and I spent a leisurely two hours watching sesame street, reading books, and coloring! Additionally, he played with any toys he wanted to his heart's content. I have a feeling, even with Wesley around, Micah is going to enjoy some of this extra time at home with mommy. Whereas Kyle always wants to be on the go, Micah is more than happy to hang out and play at home. After Kyle came home and we ate lunch, Kyle took the time to do a couple puzzles with Micah and was teaching him how to match up the pictures again! It was awesome. He has been so understanding with his little brother the past couple days and I so appreciate it.

The reason I appreciate it is because I'm pretty much out of commission. I can stand up and walk slowly to do something, but there is not a whole lot of mommy play time going on around here lately. We had another afternoon appt. today, right over quiet/nap time. I left an hour early so we could buy treats at Trader Joe's in case they were running late! Kyle picked 100 calorie milk chocolate bars, I picked salt water taffy, and we picked yogurt covered pretzels for Micah, since I was carrying him through the store fast asleep. Oh yea, no big deal, I'm due in 5 days and carrying my dead limp asleep 25 lb toddler around TJ's. So they actually got us in and out in 30 minutes this time, YEA! Wes is still really low, and I was told there is a LOT of baby in there. Awesome. Everything looked good, once again, so thankful for that! I will be even more thankful when he arrives :)

Goodnight! I've been woken up at 3 am every morning lately and unable to go back to sleep, so I'm exhausted.

No comments: