Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Hey ho

high blood pressure and swelling here we go! As if, I thought I would get away with no high blood pressure this time. Kyle did the same thing to me; these August babies just push my body to the breaking point! I am not complaining. In fact, as anxious as I am to meet our little Wes, I am not anxious to push him out. Um yea, it was only two years ago that I pushed Micah out, AND I STILL REMEMBER THOSE LAST 45 MINUTES. Not that they were completely awful, horrible, unbearable or that I won't be able to do it again, and yes, I know, every labor and delivery is different. However, there were 4 long years between delivering Kyle and delivering Micah, so my memory was a little fuzzy that summer of 2009. My memory is not fuzzy. Kevin will attest to the fact that I am doing nothing to encourage Wesley to be born: no walking, jumping, bouncing, strange exercises, herbs, medicines, or various things the midwives would be willing to assist with. I am taking it as easy as possible, putting my feet up, and trying to relax while entertaining our other sons and keeping the house as clean as possible for the people who will be taking care of said other sons while we are in labor.

The reason I know about the high blood pressure and swelling today is because we had an appointment this afternoon, and by "we", I mean me and the boys right over nap/quiet time! Midwife seems to think I will come anytime, I keep telling them "after 39 weeks" because that is when our boys come. I was told today that they will let me go up to 2 weeks past my due date (huzzah, which means I could be pregnant until August 30th)! And, she seemed in agreement with me that Wes will be in the 8 1/2 lb range, just like his brothers. This is the first time I haven't been told "probably a 6, maybe 7 lb baby". I now pack the hospital bag in the car every time I go to an appointment, something I've never done before, but for some reason feel the need to do it this pregnancy (Maybe because I know I won't be released after 6 hours of monitoring?).

Here's to a good night's sleep!

No comments: