Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

39 weeks

Yep, and last night I was up for 45 minutes thinking I was timing contractions, but it was just a false alarm *sigh*. I didn't even get to play with my fun new contraction timer app on my phone (the contractions were that erratic, although still keeping me awake)!

In other news, we got a call from Kyle's teacher last night and I get to attend the "parents only" meeting for kindergarten tonight, Kyle gets to meet his teacher and see his classroom on Wednesday night, and then he starts school Thursday morning! Things I should do before Thursday: wash his uniforms and have a good cry about my first born baby going off to school! Kevin awesomely manipulated our seating arrangement in the van so Kyle can get in and out as easily as possible (Micah and Wes sit in the middle row captain's chairs, while Kyle sits in the back row and walks through the aisle to get in and out). Have I told you I love our new van? I love our new van, LOVE it!

Kyle was so awesome with Micah this morning. I brought down the game "Memory" and sat myself in a chair with my feet up on the ottoman. Kyle started explaining to Micah how to find matches, JUST LIKE A TEACHER. It was crazy the way he was breaking down the game step by step for Micah (they were doing it picture side up) and Micah loved it, totally caught on. Kyle was so encouraging with him. I am sure one of the grandparents taught Kyle how to play "Memory" this way and he remembered (or maybe in preschool)? Kyle has been getting really frustrated with Micah lately, as in "We taught him how to share/take turns yesterday, why isn't he doing it today?" kind of things. I ask him what he does when he gets frustrated with other kids in school and he tells me that the big kids are better about it than Micah (which I'm sure is certainly true).

Anyways, time to go grab a big cup of water and put my feet up again. Kevin is posting pictures over at his new photo blog if you have a chance to check it out: http://canvasinmotion.wordpress.com/




No comments: