Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Another day

Father's Day

Playing at Dragon Park

Preschool graduation


We had a lot of fun in June, with my mom visiting for three weeks and old friends from Tucson swinging by on their way home from a road trip vacation! With about 5 weeks until Wesley arrives, our weekends are packed with to do lists. We have a lot of friends and neighbors who have offered to help us out, and Kevin is working on coordinating all of that! In addition, our church just started small groups this summer and of course, how could we not volunteer to lead one? We had our first get together this evening and it was awesome. There are four families with ten children between us under the age of 6, eleven children when Wes arrives! Also, and I couldn't be more excited about this, Kevin has recently been asked to play with the worship band at our church. It is so wonderful to hear him play again!

The boys are doing great; we try to get out of the house and do something fun every morning, although I am slowing waaaay down. Our daily outings might consist of the zoo, park, children's museum, storytime, swimming, bounce house, or even McDonalds if I am having a really rough morning. I look back on my past pregnancies and know that I wouldn't have even attempted leaving the house this much, especially with just five weeks to go. It's funny how things change, how you do what you need to do because it has to be done. I'm often nauseous in the mornings, since Micah weaned himself a couple weeks before his 2nd birthday in June, but I don't throw up! The boys have a doctor's appt. on Tuesday, Micah for his 2 year old check up and Kyle to get his shots for kindergarten. I am in such denial that he will be going to school in just a few short weeks (August 11th)!

This week I was so blessed to have Kevin and Kyle install a new CD radio in our car! Our car came bare bones, with a cassette player, that went kaput with the tape adapter stuck inside it several years ago. The boys are so enjoying having children's music in the car again, and it makes our drives that much better for me to hear them sing and see them dancing in their car seats! To top that off, our rocking chair arrived Friday afternoon, thanks to Nana! I know I have said this many times, but we've never had a rocking chair for any of the boys. This one is awesome, made by the same company that makes the industrial gliders for churches and daycares! I looove it, as do the boys. Micah couldn't help himself but to crawl up in to our laps during family movie night on Friday and be rocked while we watched Toy Story. And lastly, can you believe something else amazing and wonderful happened on Friday too? I won a professional photo shoot with the amazing Lillian Boeskool, who happens to be a friend too, but we haven't had any photos done since moving to TN. I am leaning towards a newborn shoot with Wesley because I so dearly enjoy our newborn photos of Micah.

What else, what else...Micah has been crawling in to bed with us sometime between 4 and 6 am and sacking out again. It doesn't bother me, he's a really quiet sleeper (unlike his big brother!). We had ants this week, ugh, which makes me so thankful we have quarterly pest control! The ants like to show up about once a year, when it gets really hot and they are searching for water. We spread some borax/sugar mixture down and that starts killing them, but the pest control guy does a great job of finding them outside and really taking care of the source of the problem!

And now I should go to bed, because I'm on my own in the morning as Kevin heads off to worship practice bright and early!

No comments: