Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Defeated

Micah has struggled with going down for his afternoon naps the past couple days, even though he stills need one (he's out for 2 hours when he does go down easily). Also, going to bed at night has become this huge, dramatic ordeal. I let him cry for 44 minutes the other night, while Kevin was away scanning. He fell asleep on a pillow on the floor in his room. There is no place to put him; he crawls out of cribs and playpens. We don't have a play room, so if I gate him in his room for sleep time, he just plays or read books or cries. He was sleeping great in our room, but now just rolls around and talks or sings or asks to go potty. I finally told him to go play with Kyle this afternoon and he jumped up, shouted "OK!" and ran off to his bedroom.

We swam all morning long, then had lunch and played with friends. He fell asleep late last night and was up earlier than usual. I'm exhausted, physically and mentally. I'm sure it will work itself out. That's one thing about having kids, whatever is a trial one week, is a non challenge the next. Just pray for strength and rest for me if you think about this week/weekend. Kevin is going away on a work conference and I'm not sure what I'll do without afternoon quiet times.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm sorry Mindy - I know how frustrating it is when naptime stops being rest time for mom. And you especially need your rest right now!

Mindy said...

Thanks Kirsten! Of course he fell asleep in less than 5 minutes this afternoon and I had to wake him after three hours of sleeping.

Kirsten Phillips said...

Hey Mindy! Good to catch up again through your blog! I am terrified of the day Evangeline gives up her nap - I don't know what I'll do. I hope Micah cooperates for you these last few weeks and during the newborn phase. Can't wait to 'meet' your little one when he arrives!