Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 03, 2005

Third Trimester

Welcome! to the third trimester! Yep, it's all downhill from here! Technically, I believe he's considered full term in 10 weeks (at 38 weeks gestation). Do you know how fast 10 weeks is going to fly by???? Especially with my swim aerobics three days a week...

Now let me tell you about these classes; they started on Tuesday. I showed up, dressed out in my bikini, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and a pair of Kevin's old board shorts. The entire class is retirees! I peeled off my swimsuit coverup (a little dress) and immediately this older women's mouth dropped right down to the water... I do believe she was appalled, LOL. I said "good morning" as I waddled over to the ladder to climb in and the ladies I ended up standing by were very sweet, asking all about the pregnancy (turns out one used to work with the mom's and baby's at a hospital in town and knows my midwife)! The other asked if I was having twins (guess I'm starting to show ;)).

Day two of class brought less looks and more ribbing about whether or not I'd go in to labor in the water. Just to note, everyday there are some different people in the classes because you sign up for them separately, but a few are doing all three days of classes like me.

And today, day three of class, the woman who asked me if I was having twins proceeded to let me know that if I wanted to quit the classes Tucson Parks & Rec would give me a full refund. I about died laughing inside. I think this lady is worried about me doing something to harm myself or the baby by taking the class. I just said thanks for the information. (I was given permission by my physician to take these classes).

Truthfully, I am so enjoying my water classes. They are vigorous, but I'm sleeping better at night and they really get me up and going since I have to be there by 9:00.

In other news, I'm heading to Phoenix this weekend and then Casa Grande to celebrate my dad's birthday! Tomorrow we are officially 28 weeks and Monday is our next appointment. That's it!

No comments: