Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I thought I didn't have much to report...

I'm exhausted and have no idea why...Kyle and I have just been doing our normal weekly stuff. He is becoming Mr. Personality more everyday! He'll actually try to engage us in what he's doing now, which is really cute.

We ended up in a Steinmart today and good grief it must've been senior discount day! There were so many grandmas in there Kyle couldn't get enough attention. I kept hearing them say "Look at those blue eyes" and "He just makes me want to go see my grandkids"! From what Kevin said, Kyle was also very popular at dinner tonight (He went to Wendy's with Kevin and Neal so I could have a break). He stared at one college girl in line so much she commented that if any other guy looked at her that long she'd be offended! He also came home with a playskool race car, courtesy of the Wendy's employees. This little guy has got some power; and I'm pretty sure he knows it!

I guess there's really not much to say...Kyle is still sleeping pretty well at night. We've had him start sleeping in his playpen in our bedroom because we'll be traveling to a wedding in March and that will be the setup there. He's adjusted to it almost effortlessly. At one point he was waking up around 9:30 and having trouble putting himself back to sleep. I remembered the doula from our mom/baby group suggested that even older babies sometimes like to be swaddled when they sleep (if you have trouble sleeping without at least a sheet over you, then you know what she means). Well, he now sleeps all wrapped up in one of his quilts (thanks Crothers)! I always put a blanket with him when he takes his naps in the swing, but today I learned that he just likes blankets!

We went on a walk and I was putting him back in his stroller after doing some shopping with him in the sling and he was fussy, kept grabbing the sling. I took it off and gave it to him and he was thrilled; just kept holding it in his hands and putting it up near his face. After the sling had gotten stuck under the stroller wheels a couple times (it's quite a long piece of fabric), I exchanged it for a blanket I had in his diaper bag, which he still loved! (Side note: please don't buy him any more blankets. We have so many that there are some with tags still on them)!

Also, he's eating cereal twice a day now; his favorite time to eat is when we're eating! If I snack in front of him in the afternoon, sometimes he wants a teething cookie or just a bite or two of cereal simply because I'm eating! Drinking is yet another thing! He is fascinated when we drink anything in front of him out of a cup; especially if he can see the liquid through the cup. Kevin has started taking an empty Circle K soda cup with him when he walks Kyle down to get a soda so that Kyle won't ask for his cup as he drinks it on the way home. On another eating note, nursing has become quite the chore because Kyle notices everything. He'll be eating and the cat will meow or Kevin will walk buy or the microwave will ding; just about anything is cause to pop off and look around to see what's going on!

That's about it!

No comments: