Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 01, 2006

Has it really been that long?

So wow...I've really been lazy about this whole baby update thing the last couple weeks. Easter was good. We did Kyle's baby dedication ceremony and got to see all of our immediate family. He did receive an Easter basket with some toys and thought that was pretty neat.

Since then he's been having some trouble sleeping and just recently he's been drooling a lot again and his nose is running. Kevin figured out that he's most likely working on some additional teeth. Also, the big news around here is that junior can now move! Yep, the little guy's crawling. He's gotten a lot faster in the last week or so. Despite everyone's warnings about "wait till he can move", it's been quite the blessing to have him follow me around while I do things around the house. Otherwise, I used to lug him around in the sling to get my chores done, teeth brushed, or breakfast eaten. Also, Zoe is no longer as safe as she used to be. Kyle will crawl right over to her if he wants to see her; sometimes she hangs out to let him pet her and sometimes she takes off, but either way Kyle likes that he can get to her now on his own.

Tonight we celebrate Ellie's birthday (which is actually tomorrow). I can hardly believe she's a year old. I remember the phone call from Kirsten, telling me Ellie had been born, like it was yesterday. This can only mean one thing: Kyle's birthday will be here before we know it.

I can't even tell you how bummed I am that Kirsten, Jason, and Ellie are moving. They'll be packed up and gone as of May 15th. In June they're traveling to Egypt to live for the summer and then they'll be moving to Wisconsin in the fall for Jason to start his Ph.D..

However, as disappointed as I am to see them go, I know Kirsten is probably going to have the rough end of this deal. I still have all of our friends and family here nearby, where she'll be starting all of her relationships from scratch; that can be a hard thing to do when you're a stay at home mom. We're going to do our best to stay in touch, but both admit we're not very good at maintaining friendships across miles. Thankfully, Jason and Kirsten's family live here in AZ, so there is a good chance we'll be able to see them at least once a year.

Enough of that topic! In other news, we have new neighbors; a young couple from Brazil with a 9 month old little girl. Kyle and I stopped over a couple times last week and I'm going to invite them over this afternoon to play. The husband is in school and his wife just applied to start her masters in special education.

Kevin leaves on Friday for a week long conference in Seattle. I've yet to decide whether I'll hang out in Phoenix for the week he's gone or come back to Tucson. It's a little scary thinking of being Kyle's true full time caregiver with no relief for a week. There's also the issue of leaving Zoe for a week if we stay in Phoenix the whole time, so we'll see how it works out. I can't remember the last time Kevin and I were apart for a week...it may very well have been before we were married. I'm really going to miss him.

That's all I can write for now. Here's to a more timely update later this week!

No comments: