Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Where's dada?

Kevin's gone. He flew out Friday night and I got to go to the Brad Paisley/Sara Evans/Josh Turner concert. Our friend Jordan plays the fiddle and mandolin for Josh Turner. It was so amazing to see him on stage playing for such a large crowd. I took about a gazillion pictures; it felt like I was watching my own kid up there! So, Jordan is the younger brother of one of Kevin's old college roommates, Jon, just to put that in to perspective. He would go to the movies with Kevin and me, hang out with us a lot before and after we got married, when we were still living in Flagstaff. He's only 19 and I am so proud of him!

The night I went to the concert, Kyle was watched by my mom. It was the longest I had ever been away from him and, despite missing him, I was just a little giddy with the freedom of it all. Instead of pumping, I left some lactose free formula in case he wanted "milk" while I was gone. I guess he took two bottles, about 3 ounces each time. I was very pleased with the whole experience, considering it a successful night out!

However, the next night would prove much more trying. Kyle just couldn't sleep; he wanted to sleep, but he couldn't stay asleep. The teething tablets would work for 30 minutes or so: I'd give him two tablets while he was sitting up in his crib and he'd literally fall over on his stomach fast asleep as soon as they dissolved. It was amazing. At 3:30 a.m., my mom ran to Wal-mart for some infant ibuprofen. It helped his discomfort, but he never went back to sleep, at least not until 8 a.m. or so. Even then, he only slept for an hour. It's been a really rough last 24 hours. Thankfully, he is asleep right now, went to bed at 9:00 p.m. and I'm hoping this night will be more "normal" than the last one.

We are back in Tucson for the rest of the week. Kyle seems more comfortable at home, as am I when taking care of him full time. Kevin flies back in to Phoenix on Thursday night, we'll see his family on Saturday here in Tucson, and then Mother's Day! It's been really weird realizing that I officially get to celebrate Mother's Day this year. Ah well.

No comments: